We believe in using only naturally derived, ethically sourced products that are not tested on animals, that continuing education empowers our team to exceed our guests' expectations, and that every person deserves to be loved. In addition to paving the way for greater salons to come, we have taken steps to reducing our carbon footprint in ways Winnipeg has yet to see all under one roof. The following is a list of how we feel we make a difference, not just in the way we treat our guests, but how we treat our environment;
GREEN CIRCLE SALON CERTIFIED
- Most city recycling programs are not equipped to recycle the type of waste that are by-products of hair salons.
- These items that typically become harmful waste in a landfill are now being re-purposed, recycled and disposed of in an environmentally safe way thanks to the Green Circle Salon Program.
- All lights are LED, which use up to 95% less energy than traditional incandescent bulbs at less than 3 watts per bulb.
Most of Verde's flooring is from TORLYS who follow a Reduced Footprint Mandate that:
- Adhers to environmental principles of Reduce, Reuse and Renew
- Meets or exceeds the world’s strictest Indoor Air Quality standards
- Contributes to LEED® certification
- VOC Free
- Verde’s tank-less hot water system is Energy Star Certified and produces hot water on-demand, negating the use of excess energy needed to heat stored water.
- All toilets and fixtures are low-flow.
- Verde’s shampoo basins have been modified to reduce the flow of water from 19 gallons per minute to 1.8 gallons per minute without sacrificing performance.
- All appliances are Energy Star Certified.
CLEANING / MAINTENANCE
- All Verde's cleaning supplies are from Norwex which radically reduces the use of chemicals in our work place.
MINIMIZING THE USE OF PAPER
- Verde Salon makes every effort to minimize the use of paper, including the use of iPad magazine subscriptions.
- Most of our employee business cards are printed on 100% recycled paper that was produced entirely with Wind Power.